Keeping White Bedding Clean with Pets
Maintaining white bedding when you have dogs and cats doesn't have to be an arduous task. Here's 5 tips to keep your bed clean:
- Choose Pet-Friendly Materials: Opt for bedding made of pet-friendly materials that are easy to clean, like cotton or microfiber. These materials resist stains and are machine washable.
- Protect with Covers: Invest in protective covers for your pillows, mattress, and duvet. These covers act as a barrier against fur, accidents, and dirt. Make sure they are also machine washable.
- Regular Washing: Wash your white bedding regularly to prevent stains from setting in. Bedding should be laundered every 1-2 weeks, depending on how active your pets are.
- Stain Removal: In case of stains, use a pet-safe stain remover and treat the affected area promptly. Blot the stain instead of rubbing it to avoid spreading.
- Lint Rollers and Brushes: Keep lint rollers and fabric brushes handy for quick fur removal from the bedding between washes.
6 Tricks To Maintain White Bedding
Now that you understand the basics of keeping white bedding clean with pets, you may be wondering about some clever tricks, including the one you mentioned, to make the process easier.
Here are a few:
- Frequent Grooming: Regularly groom your pets to reduce shedding. Brushing them outside can help minimize loose fur in your home.
- Designate Pet-Free Zones: Establish pet-free zones in your bedroom, especially on the bed. Training your pets to stay off the bed and go to his bed can significantly reduce the amount of fur and dirt that makes its way onto your white bedding.
- Use Washable Rugs: Place washable rugs or mats near the bed. These can help trap dirt and moisture from your pets' paws before they reach the bed.
- Emergency Cleanup Kit: Keep an emergency cleanup kit nearby, stocked with stain removers, paper towels, and a small portable vacuum cleaner for quick spot cleaning.
- Regular Vacuuming: Vacuum the bedroom regularly, including the bed and the surrounding area. This prevents pet hair from accumulating on your bedding.
- Use Blankets: Consider using blankets on top of your white bedding. This can act as an extra layer of protection and is easy to wash.